Humming water pipes

Hello,
I am getting a humming noise in my kitchen (not very loud or scary) which lasts for about 10 - 15 seconds, shortly after turning on the kitchen hot tap. I've also noticed it in the bathroom, when running the hot tap there. I think the noise is coming from the water pipes, but I'm not sure where or why.
Does anyone have an idea of what it might be ??
Thanks
KK
You need to call a priest, immediately.
On a more serious note, sounds like something in the water path is a bit rough, adn the water is vibrating past it. Could be any of a few things.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"live.sister"
Hey, I now realize from another message, that you're in England. Perhaps there are some "humming pipe" issues over there of which I'm unaware. Sorry for thinking you were a little nuts.

Perhaps
Sorry
consult unfortunately and it is a problem looking at some of your comments because the products and even your descriptions are different from ours. In the UK fawcet is tap, bath is tub..and there are a lot more that leave me baffled.
Notwithstanding that...I do appreciate some of the advice given here, although I must admit to only looking at the newsgroup when I have a problem.