"Your wire or your life!"

"Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon. Investigators say the suspects were trying to steal copper wire."
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/04/25/security-guard-stabbed-during-attempted-robbery-at-port-richmond-home-depot /
In my town, scrap copper is being bought (I think) for about $3.75/lb. I guess one person could carry about a hundred pounds, so for less than $400 the goblin risks, like forever, in the Grey Bar Hotel for armed robbery or attempted murder.
At a more enlightened store, the stink-eye would be circling the drain upon encountering a security guard carrying a firearm.
Disregard the last; the event took place in Philadelphia. That city has an "enlightened" view toward deadly weapons.
In my town, there'd be chalk marks on the sidewalk and a medicine man would be waving chicken claws over the remains (of the perp, not the wire).
HeyBub wrote:

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

Don't let the gangplank hit you in the ass on the way out.
--
vi --the heart of evil!
"Avenge me!" --Bill Burr
notbob wrote:

I'm not going anywhere.
It's the USA that's "on the way out".
On 4/30/2012 10:41 AM, notbob wrote:

Home Guy has a hardon for America.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pe/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/12-03-01-135516-eng.htm
the only difference is hemoroid guy can't put a cap in their ass if he catches them. He gets to give them cookies and milk instead
ChairMan wrote:

That would only be relevant if copper theft was as rampant here in Canada as it is in the USA.

Now we see the moving goalposts in action.
Oren wrote:

You forget that we're looking down at you from where we are.
And the view is getting somewhat disturbing.
On 4/30/2012 3:23 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Well then stop looking.
Glad I could help. :-)
"gonjah" <gonjah.net> wrote in message

He can't He's one of the insecure types always trying to peek over the urinal screens to check if he makes the grade.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Not "much" better?
Find me a Canadian story where copper theft happened in conjuction with battery / assault / attempted murder.
Although I realize that murder death kill is nothing out of the ordinary for you folk.

"The damage from the theft left an unsafe work environment which could have placed employees of the plant in jeopardy had they not discovered the theft."
The thieves were merely "lucky" that no one was injured/killed. It's not like they cared anymore than the Home Depot thieves. In fact, they were more cowardly since they didn't even bother to face the people they could have killed.
On 4/30/2012 3:26 PM, Home Guy wrote:

All restaurants are Taco Bell. ^_^
TDD
Oren wrote:

A phrase that was invented in the USA as delinquent and forclosed homes get stripped of anything of value.
Oren wrote:

Here's one source.
Read this and feel ashamed for your country:
================http://jodyewing.com/tag/copper-theft /
All That Remains This used to be my grandparents rural country home. Five generations once laughed and loved and celebrated countless family milestones here. After Grandpa died and Grandma moved in with my folks, my mom and stepdad purchased the house in order to keep it in the family, and were in the process of fixing it up for a renter when thieves broke in late on Aug. 28, 2007, stole copper piping, and let the home fill with gas for the inevitable explosion.
My stepfather, Dad Earl Thelander, suffered second- and third-degree burns over 80% of his body in the explosion. Four days later, he lost his life over less than $20 worth of stolen copper.
A thief who stripped copper tubing from a propane tank is blamed for a gas buildup and house explosion that severely burned an 80-year-old Onawa man, authorities said Wednesday.
Earl Thelander suffered third-degree burns over nearly half his body in Tuesdays blast. Investigators say the gas buildup was linked to the disappearance of the tubing, which has increasingly been the target of so-called urban miners who hope to cash in on the high price of certain scrap metals.
The thief who hit Thelanders rural home maybe got $15 worth of copper, Monona County Sheriff Jeff Pratt said. They cut the propane line going to the furnace of the house in an attempt to steal the copper. ================== If you can find an earlier Canadian reference to "urban mining" - be my guest.
And you might want to look for any occurrances of catalytic-convertor theft in Canada while you're at it. Cutting out the catalytic convertors from cars using battery-operated saws is another example of urban mining in the USA.

You'll still be waving when you arm rots off in your coffin.