They're not really DTV converters !

These boxes that the government is giving us $40 coupons for supposedly DTV converters are not really DTV converters !

Yes, they do convert a digital tv signal to analog, but at what price. The price is actually your privacy. What they don't tell you is that these "converters" are actually spy devices, developed so the government can tune in on any household at any time and watch your activities, as well as monitoring your spending habits, television show preferences, and other personal details which will allow them to sell these lists to marketers to promote their goods to matched markets. That is why when you sign up for your DTV coupon(s) you provide your name and address, they then give you a card with a one of a kind number, and when you purchase your approved converter, the store must register the serial number of that converter to match your government coupon. Thus, that serial number becomes your personal code with which the government can track you.

But it does not stop there. These devices do actually allow the government to obtain your financial data, and even watch you in your own home, and hear you speaking. When they said "big brother is watching" years ago, no one fathomed what was to come. Big brother has arrived, and lives right on top of your television. The government can hone in on anyone at any time. They could be watching YOU right now, if you have your DTV converter. This box may have only cost you ten dollars more than the value of the coupon, but you'll pay dearly wiht your privacy and freedoms for the rest of your life.

The only way to prevent this infringement of our privacy is to refuse to purchase these converters, If you already ordered your coupons, send them back when you receive them, marked "return to sender, person unknown".

Please pass this message on to others .....

Big brother is watching you !!!!

Reply to
anonymous

On 5/15/2008 4:10 PM snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com spake thus:

Are you saying that these boxes have built-in video cameras to be used to spy on us?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Why do I have the feeling that the OP probably has his own personal black helicopter following him around?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

YMMV ?

Reply to
gnu/linux

No, That's too easy. They read you mind and beam that to the mother ship........

Reply to
Al

I found his picture:

Dave Bugg

ive wondered before if this digital could be a way to get a pic and sound from you if the tv was designed for it. lucas

ds549

lame troll

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Uh......ok.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

You'll have to excuse him: NNTP-Posting-Host: localhost.webtv.net Mime-Version: 1.0 (WebTV)

Heh!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Of course they don't. Only a paranoid conspiracy theory nut would think that. Oh BTW, you really should not be using the computer in your underwear but if you must, the red boxers are much sharper than the ones you are wearing tonight. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

They don't actually. It's wireless nanotechnology. When the converter box is first activated (which must be done physically, not by remote) the box downloads little nanometer-scale robots into your nervous system in order to monitor your activities. The nanobots use the converter remote to return information from you. At the same time, nanomachines are sent into the powerline to find a suitable path for sending this information to the government. Some government agency now has complete information on your sexual and dope preferences.

Returning the coupons without using them leads to a visit (usually at

3AM) from an undisclosed secret agency to implant the nanospies.

BTW, common side effects of nanobot infestation include serious rectal itch and loss of the ability to appreciate beer.

Reply to
Harry L

honestly i wouldnt be surprised, with our moron in the white house nothing would shock me:(

Reply to
hallerb

Some guys at MIT with a little too much time on their hands actually did the math and announced that tin foil is likely to amplify the radio waves in the UHF frequencies most often populated by governments. Don't know if they have looked at the 800 MHZ trunking systems that have proliferated more recently.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

What a freakin idiot.

To say the government is spying on us through HD converters is moronic.

Reply to
BRUCE

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BRUCE) wrote in news:2350-482D7066-1537@storefull-

3136.bay.webtv.net:

yeah,I'm sure the gov't wants to be looking in on a bunch of dumpy old couchpotatoes in their underwear....there's SO much to see.

(yeeccchhh!)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

This guy also needs tinfoil underwear.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'd love to hear his explanation of how a few hundred people can keep tabs on, let alone control, over THREE HUNDRED MILLION. Where are the teams of shock troops dragging my neighbors out of their homes in the middle of the night? Why did they let those meth labs operate in my neighborhood for over a decade? Where is my black helicopter? I want a BLACK HELICOPTER!!!

Reply to
mkirsch1

Tinfoil isn't to easy to find these days.

Aluminum foil seems to be the material of choice now:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

What the hell you doin' in here, Bruce !

Don't ya know that anyone from WebTV is an idiot .......... ?

Reply to
J O E