would cocoon on umbrella infest house

Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in. If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?
                 - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist          http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
*+-Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon *+-on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in. *+-If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?
Reason am overreacting is neighbor had meal moths from food infest his house a few years ago, and had to throw a lot of stuff out.
                 - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist          http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
On 10/26/2015 05:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

Assuming the cocoon is empty there is no risk or need for mothballs.

Assuming it's not empty, why not just scrape it off while the umbrella is outside. If you do it right, the cocoon won't get hurt and the moth inside will fly away when he's ready, like the original plan was. It takes days for a cocoon to finish its work, and the cocoon is not going to open before your very eyes unless you are quite lucky. Even then, you'll have time to take the umbrella outside, and in an hour or two or less, the moth will be out and away.

Seriously? Who in the hell gives a damn if the cocoon is hurt?
On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 8:09:11 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Wilford Brimley
YES YES and YES.
You'd have flying racoons with umbrellas landing all over the house.
This would occur on October 31, just before midnight. Most of them would be in costume, such as Dracula, ghosts, werewolves, skeletons, spiders Ronald McDonald, squash and pumpkins!
Are you scared yet?
You SHOULD BE!!!! This is only a couple days from now...........
--
* FEAR EVERYTHING BEFORE IT FEARS YOU *