Wireless thermostat

Page 2 of 2
I've been working on a remote control thermostat "Cricket" and more, I recently posted "Elephant" which is a very inexpensive HA server (my web pages run on it) and I'm working on perl scripts to control the serial port. Although the Green Elephant uses a recycled PC I would recommend a VIA EPIA PD 6000 (fanless) for the mainboard (4 serial ports and 2 Ethernet ports) It's tiny as it's a Mini-ITX and has plenty of 12V power options. I'm thinking of hooking up an 80W 12V solar panel and large 24AH GelCell to run it and the cable modem.
Bill
www.myblueroom.com
http://www.bryant.com/products/controls/evolution.shtml
Advanded furnace control by Bryant. You add the "Remote Access Kit".