Who Is Responsible For My Neighbors Tree Hanging In My Yard?

I agree with you. Most places allow you to trim limbs coming from a neighbors tree that are interfering with your property. That does NOT however mean you have a right to trim the tree even with the property line. Besides, like someone else said, who would want to except to start an argument?? A healthy tree growing on your neighbors property can be as much an asset to your home as one growing on your property.

A person who would trim a tree even with the lot line would probably object to the shade a neighbor's item cast upon his property. This could be only the beginning of a feud!

Reply to
Ken

lawns

drive by regularly

provides days of

I have a life and it was a nice peaceful life before the city folks came and started clearing trees and pouring concrete. Then they came out here every weekend for 20 months at 7am to play with power tools. Then the dug a hole infront of my house so they could connect to city water. Never reseeded because "thats the right of way, not my responsibility". Next was a delivery truck running over my mailbox. Twice. Again not thier problem. The last straw was the huge cement driveway. Now most weekend mornings he's out there mowing and weed-wacking. Has really upset my little nirvana here in the woods. So ye, I get a kick out of watching him dig up the brown spots in the spring and putting new topsoil down. LOL and shoveling his driveway in winter. No need to drive by. Just look out an upstairs window. HAND

Reply to
Kathy

The part that needs to be cut is about 30 up. The limb(s) are so long that they can't support their own weight and they (2 of them) are now hanging over my lawn and I can touch them.

Reply to
Ron

I have one small oak tree in my yard that I keep trimmed with my regular chainsaw. I don't need a saw on a pole to trim my tree.

The neighbors oak tree is HUGE and I would have to buy one those saws on a pole to cut back the branches that are hanging in my yard. The poster is suggesting that the neighbor "might" buy one for me if I do the work, instead of paying a service that would charge 100's to prune the tree correctly.

Reply to
Ron

Stop whining and just cut what you can reach from a stepladder for cry-eye. Then it won't be within your reach, or in your way.

Sheesh!

Reply to
Mys Terry

Everybody seems to be solving the wrong problem.

The best solution is to move.

Reply to
HeyBub

Jeesh, the whole deal wasn't worth writing about in the first place. A pruning saw on a pole will take branches off pretty quick, at least to the point that they won't poke anyone walking beneath. If the funds are available a professional arborist can prune the tree, shape it, take out bad wood and make it look gorgeous. Also helps the lawn. That could be a joint effort and make for a positive neighborly relationship - well worth having.

Reply to
Norminn

I had one like this. Stumbled onto a friends neighbor with bucket truck

75 bucks cash made the offending limb disappear:)
Reply to
hallerb

Look smart-ass, that won't solve the problem! The limbs are about 40' long and are growing DOWNWARD. The entire limb(s) ( I just counted 5 of them), which are about 30' UP need to be cut off.

The tree needs to be pruned correctly, PERIOD. I suppose your "home improvements" are done half assed, huh?

BTW, standing on a ladder, with a chainsaw on a lawn, is about the stupidest, unsafe thing I've ever heard of, idiot!

Reply to
Ron

Maybe years of therapy and strong medications will solve YOUR problem. Maybe they won't.

Sez you!

Stop whining, asswipe. Everybody here is already quite tired of your incessant wailing. You really are a helpless mess. If you need the tree "pruned correctly" in the approved anal retentive manner that is so important to you, just shut your stupid pie hole and hire somebody already. Leave us out of it.

Reply to
Mys Terry

Did someone MAKE you respond to my posts? Answer, NO!

Betcha gonna respond to this post too, right? Friggin' hilljack.

Reply to
Ron

Go away. Everyone will thank you, crybaby. We don't care about your fussy little hissy fit problems. Tell it to Oprah.

Reply to
Mys Terry

I knew you couldn't help yourself, hilljack......LMAO!

If you have pinned up frustrations, why don't you take it out on your gay lover, "Mys Terry".

It's 10:47 EST on a Sat night, shouldn't you be working, drag-queen?

Reply to
Ron

BTW, hilljack, drag-queen, YOU are the only bitching. LOL!

Reply to
Ron

*If* the provisions of English Law have been inherited in the locality in question, the OP has the *right* to cut the offending limbs back to the property line (because they are intruding into his property) and the *duty* to return the cut-off branches to the neighbor, whose property they are.

Nevertheless, asking nicely and perhaps coming to an amicable cost-sharing arrangement probably would be far preferable.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

No way would *I* have the limbs cut off at the property line because, the tree is only 8 ft from the line and the limbs are about 40' long.

That is why I asked the question in the first place. It's not like the tree is in the middle of their yard and some limbs are "hanging" in my yard that need to be "trimmed". The tree might as well be in my yard it's so close and it hasn't been pruned in yrs. So simply trimming off the ends is a temporary fix.

The tree needs to be pruned. And I don't have the $400+ to have it done. Especially when it's not my tree.

Reply to
Ron

Then quit worrying about it. Either prune what you want on your side of the line or quit whining. Your neighbor doesn't owe you anything here.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Fine, send me a money order for $500, deal?

Reply to
Ron

I am just a bit curious. What kind of tree is it? About how big is the diameter of tree at the ground? What evidence or fact sheet do you have indicating that the tree should be trimmed? ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

How about this? I cut the branches off at the property line (plumb straight up) and throw them into your neighbors yard, all for free? While I'm doing this, you're jaw-boning with your neighbor, keeping him pre-occupied. And since you were talking to him, you couldnt be the culprit....deal?

Reply to
gofish