Whirlpool et14jkxL - refridge is just not keeping cool.....help

I just checking in to see if anyone might be able to help out here....
It's sept 16, and it's been a hot summer.
The freezer is working fine, actually getting a little frost. The refridgerator has just gone almost completely off.
I did replace the freezer fan myself about a year ago, when the freezer was not freezing.
Yes, I have worked the dials in different combinations, but no avail.
Is there anything I can look at or check to see if I could replace before gettin a new one(we are going to get one in 2 mths) so we done have to call a tech out.
THanks in advance.
Could be an ice block somewhere blocking cold air flow . Complete defrost and warming for a few days would be necessary to thaw a block. There are defrost elements, does door or side feel warm. If freezer section works well its probably not low on freon or the compressor, just a guess.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

Thanks.
Yes, the refridge door is warm, room temp.
So do u suggest defrost?
The Freeze is blowing away, it's just the fridge.
Thanks.
Garett wrote:

blockage. Start at the drain area so the water will drain, --dah.
I have a two year old Frigidaire with a ADC Adaptive Defrost Control that micro processes both the cumulative compressor run time and the defrost heater operation time to determine when the next defrost mode is needed.
It is not defrosting, --there is continuity through the TH defrost termination bimetal and through the heater coil and it is not grounded out! I can not find any open circuitry and the 5 closings of the door switch within 6 seconds no longer puts it into defrost.
It may well be the second most expensive operational part other than the compressor. I don't have any of my test instruments here, they are 850 miles from here. Two years seems like a awful short service life, I actually unplugged it during thunder storms. Maybe I'll plug it into a surge protector. -udarrell <A HREF="http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm#MY_AIR_CONDITIONING_PAGES ">
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Garett) wrote in message

Hi,
*Some* common things to check for.... http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

A frost build up on the cooling coils can/will block the cold air from being blown into the fresh food section.
Thanks everyone.
That was it. Took the back off the FREEZER and the bottom of the COILS and VENTS was frozen solid. Hairdried and ice picked it free and then the refridge started working.
Thanks again.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Garett) wrote in message

Hi,
If frozen up with ice, check the drain system and make sure it is clear. If frozen up with white frost, that would indicate a frost free failure.