Which portable impact wrench

When I had the spring replaced on my garage door (the kind that winds up, definitely a scary thing to try yourself) the repairman used a portable impact wrench to remove some of the nuts and lag bolts. Nice tool. Was looking at getting one for myself. Seems that they come with 1/4" hex, 3/8" and 1/2" square drives. They 12v models also generate 90 to 100 ft-lbs torque. I have both 3/8 and 1/2 sockets and it seems to me 1/4" hex is too small for that much torque and less convenient for sockets. Last time I changed my oil had a hard time loosening the drain plug. I just drive one side of my car up on 3 2x6 's I nailed together so don't have much room to get much leverage. Thought the impact wrench would work well for this situation.
Any advice on type of drive and brand would be appreciated. Am leaning to a Makita as I have a 12V portable drill and have seen drives without batteries and charger for sale on ebay. In the store they are close to $200 so would like to save some $.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff wrote:

Before you decide on one check the prices for the various batteries and chargers. Some makes are outrageous, considering how often the average person uses one.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

would buy a replacement ball cock type drain plug for a few bucks...
Now back to the brand & size to buy.... IMHO 1/2 inch is the only way to go...especially for ocassional use.... BUT 100 pounds of torque may not be enough to remove a lug nut that some kid at Mr. Tire installed a year or so ago...
I do not own a battery powered Impact wrench so I can not comment on how well they "work" or any specific brands... I use the old fashioned type....80 gal 7 Hp Compressor ... driving regular air tools... just never really had the need for a "Very" portable impact wrench...
Bob G.
If you can get a makita that uses the same battery as your cordless drill I would DEFINITELY go that route! I wish manufactures would not change their battery styles so often.
To Milwaukee - When will you come out with a cordless impact driver, like Hitachi, makita and others with a hex style chuck and use your 18V battery???