Cieling fan question

I am replacing a cieling fan and I found that the electrical outlet box is cracked and one of the screw holes is bored out too much. I'm thinking that I can fix this by removing the outlet box and screwing a new one in to the same base that it is screwed into now. Is there anything else I'll need to do to make the new outlet box safe and useable? Thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe B.

Thanks, I'll take a look and see if I can find one.

Joe

Reply to
Joe B.