Where to put Exit signs?

Hi, Is there a site that shows the requirements for placing exit signs? I have a single family house that we rent to an orginization that is requiring me to install exit signs. I need one downstairs to point to the handicap accessible door/ramp and one upstairs pointing to the stairs since the only exit is downstairs. Thanks, Jeff

It is all covered in the Federal Regulations (OSHA). Sign sizes, illumination, etc. Common sense makes it easy to comply though. Above each door should be marked, any aisles that are not obvious should have an arrow pointing to the exit also.
It would also be prudent to mark places where there is no exit, such as a door leading to a basement with no means of egress. Or any room larger than a closet than could be mistaken as a way out of the building.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Jeff Guay wrote:

Best place to look is your municipality's website or call code enforcement. Fire dept probably would help, also.

See if this helps http://trace.wisc.edu/docs/compliance_with_the_ada_for_itm/comply_comp1.html#4.30 Being handicapped, I was at one time an ADA inspector. However, that was awhile ago and things change.
Stone