Where to get Black & Decker Parts

Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of blackanddecker.com.

I have one of their well built older grinders. The motor itself still works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is shot. This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. Just because the main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them. Anyone know of another distributor for B&D parts. I'm sure someone has one on a shelf, in fact I dont doubt that the bearing from one of their newer grinders would fit. It's just a simple ball bearing, but finding the right size is the problem.

Anyone?????

Thanks

Ron

Reply to
ron_p

If it is a "normal" ball bearing, get the numbers off the bearing. Contact a local bearing supply house for availability. Many bearings are $5 from a bearing house and the same bearing might be $40 from OEM.

Reply to
DanG

probably a sleeve bearing like oilite brassy color. either way remove take to local bearing supplier.

fridy i picked up 4 bearings for 26 bucks total. manufacturer wanted

280 bucks:( For the exact same bearings!
Reply to
hallerb

Maybe just call a local b7d store that does repairs. One would think the central computer knows about all the parts in other stores, but the parts or repair guy there can give you an idea if that is true or not. Maybe they were never told to return parts or didn't do so. Maybe ask for the oldest parts place in the area.

Or an old one anywhere. The oldest B&D store in Baltimore has closed and one of the others moved 5 years ago, so I don't know an old location around here.

Reply to
mm

Call a machine shop. Or a machine repair shop. That's the kind of thing machine shops tend to have. Or can get. Failing that, maybe they can machine something to shape.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon