What is a "Waterless Urinal"?

Page 2 of 2
On 6/29/16 4:44 PM, Meanie wrote:

Some models do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinal#Odor_control
On 29/06/2016 20:44, Meanie wrote:

Agreed.
On 6/29/2016 3:40 PM, Bod wrote:

They work with a filter which is ruined if water passes through it. After a certain period of time and usage, the filet requires changing and a new on installed. That's it.
On 6/29/2016 4:43 PM, Meanie wrote:

People complain that so many jobs are moving to China, but not this one. There is a solid career opportunity to be a Waterless Urinal Filter Changer. A few weeks of training and you ar set for life.
On 06/29/2016 04:43 PM, Meanie wrote:

Good grief! So now we are putting a bunch of urine soaked filters in the landfill. Won't the urine leach out into the nearest aquifer? OMG!
On 6/29/2016 8:42 PM, Double Wide wrote:

Yep, all in the name to conserve water. (rolls eyes) To think, people with degrees think of this shit.
On 29 Jun 2016, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote in alt.home.repair:

My local Ikea has them. They seem to work quite well - they're clean and odorless. I don't know if their use is company-wide or if it's because this particular store is built near a wetland.
On 6/29/2016 1:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I've seen and used them. I'm totally not impressed. In theory, if the bowl and pipes are made of the correct stuff (PVC?) there is no need for water to flush. Makes no sense, except to the enviro people who want to save the planet at the expense of common sense.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

went to was on the edge of a desert, near no town, and I'm sure there was no 'city' water, and it would have been hard to drill a succesful well, and not worth it either, just to provide for urinals and toilets. I didn't look at the toilet. Maybe they trucked in water for that. . There was no cafeteria either. Workers who wanted to drink water while there had to bring their own. They made have sold water or soda for tourists.
But the second one was right in the middle of town here, and it surprised me, and still does. It was Sloan, but the font they use made it look like SUDAN. I found the urinal on the Sloan page and it had no details at all.
On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:55:02 -0400, Micky

If you are in a place like this, who needs a toilet at all. Go outdoors and take a piss anywhere!!! If you have to take a shit, dig down 4 inches into the sand and do your job!
On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 01:29:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

It was an archeological park. Did you think about this before you posted? Would they build any bathroom at all in a place where people are alone? Or are you the sort who would relieve himself while people are watching?

Why do you assume there is sand? Maybe it's rock or hard soil. And why can't you write without vulgar words?