What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

United States Code 13
§ 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard. (b) The classes of the militia are— (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
Pay particular attention to Section 2
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–
on 9/12/2007 5:09 AM Gunner said the following:

311.(a) says the militia shall consist of 'able bodied males' between the ages of 17 and 45, and 'females who are members of the National Guard'. I read that as males not in that age group, or females not in the National Guard, are not members of a militia. That's what it says, whether or not one disagrees with it. (2) refers to 'members of the militia', which is defined in 311 (a)
From http://www.ushistory.org/people/minutemen.htm
"Although the terms militia and minutemen are sometimes used interchangeably today, in the 18th century there was a decided difference between the two. _Militia were men in arms formed _to protect their towns from foreign invasion and ravages of war. Minutemen were a small hand-picked elite force which were required to be highly mobile and able to assemble quickly. _Minutemen were selected from militia muster rolls by their commanding officers_. Typically 25 years of age or younger, they were chosen for their enthusiasm, reliability, and physical strength. Usually about one quarter of the militia served as Minutemen, performing additional duties as such. The Minutemen were the first armed militia to arrive or await a battle.
Bring on more insults.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/1st2nd5882.jpg.html
Since you wish to make claims regarding the 18th century....
I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788 Militia
"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..." — "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788 (either Richard Henry Lee or Melancton Smith).
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People." — Tench Coxe, 1788.
http://www.a-human-right.com/predict2_s.jpg
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/5320-2/freedom.jpg
Oh..btw...the 45yr age restriction is unlawful, according to Federal ADA laws.
In practice..the age restriction is ignored. Keep in mind that in 1778...45 yrs of age was close to the average life expectancy, so that was considered close to elderly.
Oh..something else you should read...
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." — Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner and author of The Gulag Archipelago, who spent 11 years in Soviet concentration camps.
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_gulag.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_monopoly.jpg
Since you have difficulties with written word....perhaps pictures may be of assistance to you...
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_order.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_racist.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/history_s.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com /
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_colors3.jpg
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/5329-2/defender.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_how.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_rob.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_grenades.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_irs.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/panther_s.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_constitutional.jpg
Add pictures here
βœ–

Here we go! Hang on, folks, it's the battle of the Gun Quotes, and it's going to be a bumpy ride...
-- Ed Huntress
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:07:01 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

So presenting verifyable data points to counter raw emotionalism from my opponents is somehow a bad thing?
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–

That depends on whether you like your rides bumpy. d8-)
Don't get grumpy, Gunner. I just know what's coming, and it could be a beaut. If it were me I'd list all the citations from US v Emerson, 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, and expect responses in November or so. <g>
-- Ed Huntress
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:36:14 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

Those are at hand..waiting in the wings. Think of them as claymores for when the gomers human wave the wire...
<G>
Interesting and thought provoking pictures eh?
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–
<snip>

Yeah, they are. They look like print ads. Who produced them?
-- Ed Huntress
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:28:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

IvanOleg, the young guy who runs the website. Rather good photographer, pro second amendment.
Russian immigre as I recall.
He of course does other stuff, chop it down to just the www and look at his other work
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–

Isn't poking rednecks fun ...
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
raden wrote:

Yes it is, but tell us, Redneck, is it fun for you, too?
prove it.
βœ–
willshak wrote:

Why? Can't you afford a mirror?
prove it.
βœ–
on 9/12/2007 4:49 PM Michael A. Terrell said the following:

I have a few of them. I also have a DD214. Sorry about your injury. I was fortunate to have served between the Korean and Viet Nam wars. I also have a certificate honoring my 38 years of municipal service, which service required that I enforce the criminal and traffic laws of New York State and carry a gun when on duty. I also own 5 handguns and two rifles. I also was once a member of the NRA. Surprised?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

I served during Vietnam era, but never saw combat. I had severe health problems, but a very good background in electronics so they drafted me, after telling me I couldn't enlist because of five separate 4F ratings. I was legally disabled when I was drafted, but I served. I tested out of the three year electronics school for broadcast engineer while I was in basic training, and skipped AIT. It was a few years ago those problems got so bad that I can no longer work.

Only one person in seven in the US military ever sees combat. Some people don't understand that. There is more to a fighting force than the front line, and everything has to work properly, or those at the front line all die.

Good for you. :) Were you an MP or SP wile in the military? A lot of the better police officers got their training that way. I only met a couple bad ones while in the US Army. I bet that they all remembered me for a while. It's amazing what a quick talk with their watch commander can do when they screw up. :) I worked 'Weathervision' at Ft. Rucker and had several try to keep me from doing my duty. All the watch commander had to hear was 'Weathervision' and the MP got yelled at, and reminded that if our group didn't get their job done, the helicopter school had to shut down.
I received a letter of commendation from my commanding General for my work to resurrect a totally screwed up AFRTS TV station. I ignored that everything was depot level work, and fixed everything in the station. Then the station manager tried to have me court martailed for 'dereliction of duty' for the work I did. It was quickly dropped, and I was promoted. :)
I went back into electronics after I left the service. At my last job I was building telemetry equipment for a lot of US government agencies, some that are still under NDA.

Not really. I was just responding to your jab. ;-)
prove it.
βœ–

One of our political comedians offered three thousand pounds ( the proceeds from an article he wrote) to anyone who killed George Bush, and as a true patriot, you should all be leaping at the chance
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
raden wrote:

Uh, that would mean Cheney gets to be President.
--John
βœ–
raden wrote:

Why? Now of it was for anyone your sorry government thousands would jump at it, even though most don't beleive in 'Mercy killing'. OTOH, it is a nation of Queens, ruled by a bigger queen.
prove it.
βœ–

If someone offered 3 pence and a imperial gallon of Stout for your demise...Id be hunting a hole if I were you.
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–
raden wrote:

I can hear the sound of splintering wood and breaking glass now! And the wan and pitiful sound of someone who is about to disappear forever screaming that they have rights.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I so wish I had a ballot. That said, it does not render my views and my ability to express them as impotent. It's that 'forest-from-the-trees' thing, Morris.
I peek over the fence and worry myself sick.
A lot of my peers were on loan to Iran to build their electrical networks. They made a lot of friends. So many Iranians we'd love to have as neighbours. What's with the war drums?
Won't you add impeachement to you arsenal of keyboard and ballot?
respectfully,
βœ–