What happens if you ever lose a "chipped" key for your car?

Page 4 of 4
On 10/25/2011 10:48 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Many locksmiths and even the local ACE have key programmers.

Yep, that's where I will probably be getting my second spare. TruValue sells my particular key for $75.
Thanks for your input!
-- Bobby G.
On 10/25/2011 5:24 AM, Robert Green wrote:

or just get a car that doesn't have that shit. <sigh>
--
Steve Barker
On 10/25/2011 10:14 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Are there any (just a question, I've not seen anything recently in what I've either looked at or bought that has the option to not)?

Seems to be interfering unneccesarily with Darwin. Anybody any more who is dumb enough to not buckle up probably gets what they deserve.

Different in the way we grew up, I guess. We had seatbelts even when they were still optional equipment. Can't remember EVER turning the key until we were all buckled.
Steve Barker wrote:

If I had a car with a chipped key, the first thing I would learn to do is how to bypass the chip reading circuit in the case of a malfunction.
Jon