What are they called?!?! Bookshelf shelf "anchors?" "spikes?"

I've put together a bookshelf which has removable shelves. The left-hand side and right-hand side walls of the bookshelf have little holes in them, into which you can insert little metal spikes, two into two holes on the left-hand side, and two into two holes on the right-hand side, and then place the shelf on top of these little spikes, (the spikes stick out horizontally.) The spikes are what the shelf rests upon, so you can load books on to it.

I've run out of these spikes, and I need to know where to buy them. But I don't even know what they are called.

What is the name of these things?!?! Thank you for your help!

Reply to
Mayla

They're thicker than a nail, but thinner than a .22 caliber bullet.

I've > I've put together a bookshelf which has removable shelves. The

Reply to
Mayla

Shelf clips or shelf pins, home despot and lowesers have 'em, if your local worthy-of-support hardware store or 84 lumber doesn't have 'em.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

That's gotta be them! Thank you!!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mayla

Adjustable shelf pins.

RicodJour

I think the clips are the ones that are triangular and have two legs go into two slots on a metal rail that runs up the side.

There is more than one material, more than one color, and most importantly, more than one pin diameter.

So take one of yours with you to compare.

Oh, and more than one design. Some stick right out, but for others there is a little right angle so the bottom of the shelf is below the pin.

So

Reply to
mm

Umm... Dowels? Or, if they're metal, "rods". I just cut my own from a 3' metal rod using my universal key... Er... Bolt cutters.

Reply to
Goedjn

Be aware that there are two different "standard" pin diameters. US standard is 1/4" but the rest of the world figures that 5mm is the way to go. They are not interchangeable so either do some hole measurements or take a sample with you. There are also other sorts of pins used, such as threaded inserts and sleeved holes, but they are commonly used only on high-end bespoke cabinetry.

Reply to
John McGaw

A variety here:

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

is where I bought mine. They have a selection and a few different styles.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Which includes much stuff sold in the US. I would imagine that US Ikea sells the 5mm stuff for example.

Reply to
Chris Lewis