wet phone

Page 4 of 4
[snip of the rice suggestion. Also hair dryers..]
A basic air flow from any type of fan, including sitting it in the vent of an air conditioner or a spare 12VDC computer fan, or pretty much anything, will work every bit as well as a hot air stream (from that hair dryer).
It just means taking a bit longer.
Much safer.
On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 10:07:36 AM UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:

I worked for a company that maintained POS systems for Walgreen (when they were in IL mainly, before they expanded nationally). If we had repair PCB's that had smoke, rodent or bug feces, or spills...it was common practice to hot water power wash (not high pressure) and compressor air dry. I had and never heard of a board not surviving the procedure.
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:39:29 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

The problem with wet phones is they are usually powered on and something fries on the board. The only good news is the flash card and the SIM card usually survive. I found one on the beach that had been in the water for quite a while but I was able to read the flash card and find out enough to get it to the original owner. It was more a "note in a bottle" moment than actually returning anything of real value. It was in the water for weeks.
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:09:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

His was definitely on. That's how he knew it didn't work!!

Cell phones can't swim well. They should wear Mae Wests.
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:09:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I should say that that was nice of you.

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:07:31 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein

overheat anything)
On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 12:07:37 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Wow, you figured that out?
On 7/13/2015 12:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My copier repair people used to tell me to put my copier paper in the frost free refrigerator to to dry it out, so it copies better. Likely would also dry out cell phones, like it does jello.
--
.
Christopher A. Young