WD-40 for everything?

I just saw a Readers Digest article recommending WD-40 for FIFTY (50) uses.
http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-amazing-uses-for-wd-40/
I only got to 30 before I had to go to something else.
Nothing against WED 40, but does this sound reasonable?
HB
On 10/2/2013 3:44 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

print version easier to follow. http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-amazing-uses-for-wd-40/?v=print
Some are not too bad, like removing crayon or grease. The one about the squirrel on the feeder is questionable. Worth trying, I guess.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I spray WD-40 on the walls inside my cyclotron, and it makes the Higgs Bosons fly faster.

On 10/3/2013 2:50 AM, micky wrote:

Remember, 186,300 miles per second isn't just a good idea. It's the law.
Cops will see your Higgs Boson before you see them.
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:59:20 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Weeelll. actually, there IS scientific work going forward re: age of the universe, whether it's expanding faster than the laws of physics would allow. Be interesting if in our lifetimes there was evidence that the speed of light is NOT an absolute. Wow, would that ever kick the Standard Model's ***!

HB

Hah! I read that there's a new film coming out called "Gravity" where two space-suited astronauts get accidentally untethered and make their way to safety. Lotsa luck!
HB
[...]
On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:51:58 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

And again, congratulations!

The speed usually given is the speed in a vacuum. It's different in say, water or glass or anything else with an index of refraction that's not 1. That's why prisms make rainbows.

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:44:49 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

s.

ded commercial, so thanks for not shooting me <g>
NOW: Between WD40 and 3-in-1 oil:
Sometimes I forget and leave garden tools out overnight, or maybe longer. T o get them back in shape, I immerse in vinegar (weak acid), then wipe off a nd apply oil. It works OK; just curious if using WD 40 would work as well as vinegar. Will do experiment next time I goof and leave tools out, but co uld i get your input?
TIA
HB
On 10/3/2013 4:25 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

or maybe longer. To get them back in shape, I immerse in vinegar (weak acid), then wipe off and apply oil. It works OK; just curious if using WD 40 would work as well as vinegar. Will do experiment next time I goof and leave tools out, but could i get your input?

Since WD is a water displacer product, you may wish to spray your tools BEFORE you leave them out. Spray em all today, and get it over with.
Repeat about every six months.

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-amazing-uses-for-wd-40/?v=print (somewhat easier to read)

(print form link provided, somewhat easier for me to read)

--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:44:49 PM UTC-5, Higgs Boson wrote:

It seems its best property is killing insects...I would have to agree. It used to be excellent for starting a small engine...and then they removed the propane!
On 10/3/2013 9:02 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-amazing-uses-for-wd-40/?v=print

I would have to agree. It used to be excellent for starting a small engine...and then they removed the propane!

I've not tried the new stuff on engine starts. Bummer, though. Still good for removing stickers from car windows. I've done that.
On 10/3/2013 8:02 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

When I was a kid, I ran a lawnmower on Liquid Wrench. It got me out of a sticky situation. ^_^
TDD

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-amazing-uses-for-wd-40/?v=print

I've heard of painters using mineral spirits in the truck gas tank, if they were low on fuel and out of money.