Water pressure drop

Hi,
I've just had my shower replaced with a TRITON T80si electric shower and just after 2 days the new shower stopped working. Called in the same plumber who installed the new one and he reckons our water pressure has gone down. It seems like a bit of a coincidence to me. Could it have been caused by the new shower? Has anyone had a similar problem?
TIA Prathy
<< Called in the same plumber who installed the new one and he reckons our water pressure has gone down. >>
Neither one of you knows for sure, so get the facts. You'll need a pressure gage and some sort of adapter to hook up to an outlet, like an outdoor sillcock or the drain on your water heater. Most hardware stores will have a fitting with a 1/2" hose spud on one end and a 1/4" NPT female thread on the other end. The gage goes in the 1/4" end and the spud will be inserted and hose clamped into an old cut off female end of a garden hose. If you can only find a 1/4" male to hose spud fitting, screw a coupling onto the fitting for the gage. If you use your water heater drain, let the crud flow for a while before using your pressure test setup so the gage isn't fouled. If your water pressure is well below the normal 45-50 PSI for city mains, you've maybe found part of your problem. Good luck
Joe
GAUGE not GAGE
Learn something new every day.
- Spellcheck
On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:16:55 GMT, "Spellcheck"

Indeed, and here's yours for today: it's generally considered rather less than polite to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in cyberspace. (it's not like you didn't understand him, right?)
Besides, one looks foolish when the "correction," as it is in this case, is itself incorrect!
--JWW

Ever hear of social Darwinism?

Guess again, bright eyes. Merriam Webster dictionary (for you, dikshunnery) gives this entry:
Main Entry: GAUGE Pronunciation: 'gAj Function: noun Etymology: Middle English gauge, from Old North French Date: 15th century
2 : an instrument for or a means of measuring or testing: as ... (b) : an instrument with a graduated scale or dial for measuring or indicating quantity
What word/spelling would YOU use, genius? Gage? Guage? Gaig? Gayj? Gaige?
- Spellcheck
Where is this "rule" written? I applaud everything that brings about correct use of the English language.
Boden
John W. Wells wrote:

Sorry, it's either one. The standard for some uses and within some profession is gauge, in others it is gage. You need another day of learning. And, spellcheck is notorious for being inaccurate.
Spellcheck wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:16:55 GMT, "Spellcheck"

You better check your spell checker Mr. Spellcheck
An instrument for measuring can be spelled either way.
GAUGE or GAGE
My guess is someone did not clean out the pipes properly when they installed it and now some gunk (that's a technical term) has clogged the shower head. Try removing it and cleaning/flushing it and the water lines. It may also be at the valve or at some filter or strainer in the system.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
2 days later it stopped and your plumber wont come back and is trying to blame it on the water co ! If it was me i would ask him when is he comming back if he didnt respond 8am Id Stop payment on the ck . It may be an easy fix but why should you have to do it. Hows you sink , good pressure ?