Washing machine out of balance

Wife washed a large comforter in the washing machine. Now every load is out of balance during the spin cycle. I looked under it and I don't see the old concrete block that I use to see on older washing machines. I was thinking that it broke loose. I do see springs holding the tube going it different directions but I don't see any that are broken.

Any ides. I'd like to at it from the top down. How do you get the lid off?

Reply to
Fred

Lid usually has a spring clip on the left and right of the front that you can push in with a butter knife. Lift up, the back should be hinged. Other than that, good luck

Reply to
Meat Plow

Mom would get on my case _good_ for using one of her butter knives :-)

A 5 N 1 tool is a good choice to release the clips.

-- Oren

Oren