Vinyl/Linoleum floor problem

I have a sheet of vinyl flooring in my kitchen. There is roughly a square and a half foot area where there is a bubble which accumilated from a smaller size. Therefore, I assume the adhesive has given up. The floor pattern has one square foot lines which emulates square tiles. Therefore, I would believe I can cut on the line using a straight edge to gain access under the sheet to plop down floor adhesive, then apply a weight for a day or so to make sure it adheres.

Is this the proper way to handle this task or is there a better or more effective way to do so?

All help appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply to
meanie

You have the rough idea. If you google a bit, you should find installation instructions from the manufactures of vinyl sheet flooring, which covers this problem.

I just installed some vinyl flooring, and the instructions that came on the can of adhesive detailed this (sorry, now in the trash) procedure, and so did the installation brochure I think.

Small bubbles just needed a little cut to let the air out. Larger bubbles you could inject some adhesive, but I don't remember the technique. There is (I think) also a sealant that you can paint over the cut to seal it back up. Again, covered in the instructions.

-Kevin

Reply to
kevin