Vinyl flooring removal?

Trying to remove sheet vinyl ,from concrete substrate in den and kitchen. It is glued at the joints about a foot on each side. I am having to peel the vinyl layer up then soak the backing material to loosen the mastic with a scrapper. Is there a "mild" chemical solution that will break the mastic faster than soaking with plain water? Xeno

Reply to
Xeno Chauvin

A hot iron with cloth to protect it from the vinyl might do it.

HTH Pop

Reply to
Pop

Or you could try a block of dry ice and let it sit for a few seconds and slide it down half way. It wil freeze the glue and make it brittle.

I Have heard it works but I have never tried it but some people swear by it.

Reply to
On My Way