Vinyl flooring removal?

Trying to remove sheet vinyl ,from concrete substrate in den and kitchen. It is glued at the joints about a foot on each side. I am having to peel the vinyl layer up then soak the backing material to loosen the mastic with a scrapper. Is there a "mild" chemical solution that will break the mastic faster than soaking with plain water? Xeno
A hot iron with cloth to protect it from the vinyl might do it.
HTH Pop
: Trying to remove sheet vinyl ,from concrete substrate : in den and kitchen. : It is glued at the joints about a foot on each side. : I am having to peel the vinyl layer up then soak : the backing material to loosen the mastic with a scrapper. : Is there a "mild" chemical solution that will break : the mastic faster than soaking with plain water? : Xeno : :
Or you could try a block of dry ice and let it sit for a few seconds and slide it down half way. It wil freeze the glue and make it brittle.
I Have heard it works but I have never tried it but some people swear by it.
--
On My Way