Sheet Vinyl (linoleum) Removal from hardwoods

I have hardwood floors in the kitchen & entry that were covered with sheet vinyl and I'd like to restore the original floors. I will hire a pro to do the sanding and refinish but I want to do my own vinyl and glue removal to save about US$300. Besides a floor scrapper and water, is there anything else I need? How wet can I get the hardwoods before I have to worry about permanent damage? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

crabshell

Reply to
Crabshell

Goof off is your friend! It should remove the old glue. Its a big slow job:( You shouldnt damage the hard wood floor, although consider it might have been covered by vinyl for a very good reason.

Be prepared for bad news:(

Reply to
hallerb