New sheet vinyl has indentations, defective?

I just bought 10 feet of new Congolium Ultima sheet vinyl off a 12 foot roll. After I laid it out in my garage so I could cut it up using my template I noticed slight indentations in it. The indentation is slight but very noticeable. The indentation is in the form of a line about 1" wide that runs parallel to the roll (across the 12 feet of the roll). There are two of these 1" lines about 6" apart. These two lines repeat about every 34".

I was hoping that either these would go away in a few hours or that they would not be noticeable (since they were fairly slight). After I cut out the template and laid the vinyl in my kitchen (not glued yet), the lines are obvious and no way am I going to live with them (it has been about 12 hours).

What are these lines/indentations? Will they eventually go away in a few days and there is nothing to worry about or is this vinyl defective in which case I have to get my money back. If it is defective, what are these lines from so I know how they got there so they can't bamboozle me and contest my return of the product?

Thanks, Jess

keyword = JessJoeMama

Reply to
Jess

I think it yours no matter what they are. When you cut it they became your problem. So you may have to live with them.

Most reputable dealers would accept a return if it remained uncut.

I suspect some form of machine damage from the rolling process during manufacture.

Reply to
Colbyt

I've thought about it and...

34" divided by pi (3.1416) =3D a little over 10". This was the approximate diameter of the "roll" that was given to me. Now to explain the two lines that are about 6" apart (after being rolled out). Imagine this "round" roll sitting on other round rolls in shipping. Now imagine heavy stuff (other large rolls of vinyl or carpet) sitting on top of it. My roll was making contact with the "round" rolls underneath it in two locations with the rolls underneath it. The math works out perfectly. This was shipped improperly with too much weight on top of it.

Jess

Reply to
Jess

Let us know if your source will refund your money, and who the source is so we can either boo or cheer them.

Reply to
hrhofmann

LOL... You are buying remnants and hoping that they are still in perfectly new condition ?

You get what you pay for...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan