Vinyl Flooring Repair

I have some vinyl flooring in a room in the basement. All was well until we had new furnace and air conditioner put in a week ago. The air conditioner lines run through the ceiling over the vinyl flooring. So, after they finish, I notice I have about three holes in my flooring

- pretty deep. One is all the way to the concrete floor. I do not have any of this vinyl leftover. Is there another way to repair these holes - with epoxy or something? Or does this mean a whole new floor?

Reply to
Sharon

They have kits at HD, they also have tubes of the stuff. I used the tube stuff in my camper about 3yrs ago, worked fine then and still looks OK now. It's not perfect, but acceptable.

Reply to
Brian V

Is that what throw rugs are for? You could use vinyl squares then put a rug over them. I certainly wouldn't sweat it.

I vinyled in tiles so when there's a problem, I replace a particular square.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Reply to
Sharon

What color is the tile?

If you can find the right color use Daps Kwik Seal tub & tile adhesive caulk. It is readily available, cheap and has a vinyl composition. Use it as a filler and color matcher. Then after it sets, you may have to apply twice because of shrinkage put the urethane from a vinyl repair kit on top of it. Determine if you want a gloss finish or a satin finish. Vinyl repair kits are available in both.

Reply to
tnom