Toto toilet-seat failure

Eleven months after initial installation of new Toto toilet one of the two plastic bosses broke that help secure the elongated plastic seat to the bowl. Replacement cost for the Toto Soft-Close seat (SS114#01, cotton) was US$48 including shipping. This is an unacceptable use time, and I will not buy the product again if the replacemnt seat fails that soon.
ggia wrote:

....snip
Put your wife on a high fiber, low calorie diet. You can't expect to put a toilet seat through all the torture of her gargantual arse and expect it to last for a lifetime. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did..it must be a durable product.