Toilet flapper closes too quickly

Hi all:

No matter how I adjust the chain, my toilet flapper closes too quickly. I get adequate water for a flush only if I hold the handle down for 5 to 6 seconds. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
jon

Ditto, that. I had the same problem. And get a good flapper, not the Wal-Mart 99 cent special.

Reply to
MF

You can buy a flapper with a "bucket" on the back (think Fluidmaster makes one). The bucket has holes in it that allows the water to drain out. The full bucket holds the flapper open, as the water leaks out the flapper closes. By selecting the number of open holes (it comes with pegs to close the holes), you can choose how fast the water drains out and the flapper closes.

Reply to
Marilyn and Bob

Yep, I have them. Work great. You can get them at HD.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob