Tissue in the Washing Machine - how to fix the mess?

Hi,

I have a brand new washing machine and have left a tissue (or what seems to be a box of tissues) in a pocket. The resulting mess is an explosion and complete covering of all the garments with messy paper lint.

My old washing machine hardly had the power to spread the stuff over the adjoining two or three garments, but this one has really thrown it everywhere. I have tried rewashing the load but it only spreads it out more thinly.

Any tricks that would make this job a lot quicker than a brush or tape to each garment (inside and out!)

Thanks in advance. Warbo

Reply to
w'bo

The dryer will remove most of it. What's left, take the garments outside and use a clothes brush on them.

Reply to
Phisherman

Hi,

The dryer should help to remove most of this....check/clean the lint filter a couple of times throught the cycle so the bits don't get overly built up on the lint filter. I usually shake the clothes out to remove any loose pieces of the tissue before putting them in the dryer. May be best to run your hand around on the inside of the washer basket to manually remove any tissue still stuck to the wash basket.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Reply to
Joe Bobst

take the clothes out and put on a clothes line and put a hose on them until the tissue mess comes off and onto the ground.. then wash again.. this time check all pockets... this is a common thing for people who dont check pockets... next time it might be a fountain pen or such????

Reply to
jim

Run once empty to rid the washer of the rest of the tissue, assuming the drain isn't plugged. Clean lint filter if there is one. Put the messed up clothes in washer, just to get it wet and spin it. Take them outside, while they are wet, and shake them out well. Put in dryer with a softener sheet. Don't load the dryer, so's the air has room to circulate. Whatever is left you will have to brush off. Should not be much visible remains of tissue paper.

Reply to
NorMinn

I do this all the time :) I just clean the washer with damp cloth, being sure to get the lint trap clean..mine is an older Maytag with little fabric softener cup and the lint trap is under there.

Then put in dryer - being careful not to overload. All the tissue goes into dryer lint trap or can be shaken off.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

Hi :)

Just happened to me :( !!!

The washing machine was FULL of cloches. I knew (because it isn't the first time it happened) that the dryer wouldn't do the job and I didn't want to spend hours trying to remove the lint from the clothes.

I examined the situation to damage control it and I came out with what seems to me the only obvious way to manage it efficiently:

PUTTING BACK everything in the washing machine.

It didn't function because the lint was still on my clothes after it the SPIN cycle.

So I had to figure out something different that would get rid of the lint while my clothes were still in the water.

Anyway from one thing to another I tried this I am sharing with all of you guys and it worked :

  1. fill up the washing machine with water;
  2. put a few pieces of cloth in the water; (in my case 1/2 of the washed clothes)
  3. rinse cycle or shake well each piece of cloth by hand (to detach the Kleenex);
  4. DO NOT SPIN CYCLE
  5. Remove by hand (while the machine is full of water) every piece of cloth and place them in any container (sink, etc.)
  6. NOW empty the washing machine of this water containing the pieces of Kleenex to get rid of them once and for all;
  7. Refill the washing machine of water (full).
  8. Put back in it the clothes put apart in the sink (or whatever);
  9. Rince and spin as usually.

DONE :)

Repeat the operation with the rest of the clothes. Dry in the dryer.

It took me years to figure out this, but I am very proud to have figure out this solution :) !

Miche Montreal

Reply to
mproustienne

I just did the same, then read on wikiHow that adding aspirin, then washing it all again, will dissolve the paper and solve the problem. Haven't tried it yet but you could just Google it too :)

Reply to
tommiec43

just tried the asprin solution .It works ! How did someone come up with that?

Reply to
patmorrisrobinson

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

It gets rid of headaches.

Reply to
Tekkie®

good one!

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Oren posted for all of us...

I only have one so I can't state with certainty as she doesn't take aspirin . Oxy seems to work She is so good to me I never tested pharma.

**Usual disclaimer: May cause unwanted side effects, your mileage may vary, erections lasting for more hours requires more effort, may cause diarrhea, constipation, reflux, shrinkage, weight gain, children, depression, giddiness, ADD, bi-polar, and ingrown toenails. For best effect take only with Budweiser branded products. Condoms may melt with the use of this product. More to follow when the layers sober up and the FDA returns from their junket.
Reply to
Tekkie®

How many a spring dI'd you add?

Reply to
alice.chairez

Please advise what concoction of drugs was required to make this post.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Check wall litre for surgitator?

Reply to
Dick Wood

If you had a good hit it would Make perfect sense.

Reply to
Thomas

Insufficient context.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The easiest way is to take $1000 out of your bank account and go shopping for new clothes.

Reply to
lythsian

The clothes dryer usually does a nice job removing tissues.

Reply to
8.8.4.4