Tankless water heaters?

Hi Steve.. The delay between faucet on and "whoof" is about one second..I don't find it any longer with the tankless model..Our old house too has a million feet of pipes I think..(all that wasted water bugs me) Hope this helps! John

Reply to
John

Scam.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Given the detail in the previous posts... I have another question? How would you objectively add in the square footage that the tank consumes in a house to your analysis. Perhaps the considerations (cost to install/cost to operate/cost to store in terms of square footage) can not be fairly equated? Let me throw out there cost per square foot in California for example at ~$300 per square foot to purchase a home in modest areas.

Basically what would a 72 cubic foot closet or 9 square foot closet be worth to reclaim in an older house? At $300 per square foot in CA a closest that size is worth about $2700 in resale?

My 2,200 square foot ranch in AZ is selling at about ~130 a sq/ft?... I want to inclose my attached 2 car garage that contains the water heater tank. I have a separate detached shop/garage so losing the attached garage is not a problem. I would have to move the tank to a more suitable location in the converted garage and it would still take up a closet. Where as I assume that at tankless could be installed as in interior type applicance and vented out the roof with not major plumbing/electric changes.

So I do not despute the direct cost analysis, but was wondering if you could add in a variable to consider space? Even on a half acre lot with a mid 2000 square foot house I find every closet/self to have considerable value... Your thoughts?

Reply to
Mesquito Creek