Tankless water heaters?

Page 2 of 2
Unless you have cheap subsidised hydro electricity at apx 04.5 KWH go gas. Electric at 0.12 KWH is apx double the cost per BTU as gas. Plus you will need at least 120A dedicated power. That for me would mean a new service costing 1200$. Bosch is Quality as is Takagi I replaced an electric tank and reduced electric 30$ and increased gas 5$ A 300 $ savings a year.
Steve Turner writes:

Scam.
Given the detail in the previous posts... I have another question? How would you objectively add in the square footage that the tank consumes in a house to your analysis. Perhaps the considerations (cost to install/cost to operate/cost to store in terms of square footage) can not be fairly equated? Let me throw out there cost per square foot in California for example at ~$300 per square foot to purchase a home in modest areas.
Basically what would a 72 cubic foot closet or 9 square foot closet be worth to reclaim in an older house? At $300 per square foot in CA a closest that size is worth about $2700 in resale?
My 2,200 square foot ranch in AZ is selling at about ~130 a sq/ft?... I want to inclose my attached 2 car garage that contains the water heater tank. I have a separate detached shop/garage so losing the attached garage is not a problem. I would have to move the tank to a more suitable location in the converted garage and it would still take up a closet. Where as I assume that at tankless could be installed as in interior type applicance and vented out the roof with not major plumbing/electric changes.
So I do not despute the direct cost analysis, but was wondering if you could add in a variable to consider space? Even on a half acre lot with a mid 2000 square foot house I find every closet/self to have considerable value... Your thoughts?