Stain for Redwood Deck

I just finished my redwood deck and am looking for a way to finish the railing around it. I'm planning to leave the deck natural but would like the rail to be smooth and nice looking. It's a 2x6 and I'm concerned about someone placing a drink on it and leaving a ring.

What product should I use. I'm not real concerned about the color since the deck will fade.

I live in New Mexico where summers get up to 100 and winters down to near zero. Not much rain nor snow here but plenty of sun. There is no shade on my deck.

You input will be appreciated.

Paull

Reply to
Paull

imho it would be a shame to do much to the redwood. maybe build some coasters into it out of tile or something

randy

Reply to
xrongor