Stupid Store Employees / Inconsiderate Stores

Page 5 of 6

It doesn't take anywhere close to fifteen seconds to stoop and pick something up off the sidewalk.
Call me anal, but I actually timed it once: about a half second.
Think about that the next time you decide not to pick up a penny. Is your time *really* worth more than $72 an hour? That's what a penny for a half-second works out to.
I *always* pick up every coin I see. I've probably picked up a hundred dollars in loose coins over the years.
Yea, well I stopped to pick up a penny and heard a loud crack, it was my sacroiliac. Cost me a fortune in doctors fees and scrips just so I could make it back to my job of putting empty water tanks up on the shelves.
Doug Miller wrote:

That's why you squat instead of bend.
ZZonka Tonka <"Spam_Me"@duct_tape_the 8th_wonder of the world.com> wrote in

bend from the knees! :) seriously, i have 2 shattered vertebrae (21 & 22. lower back) with floating bone chips. you have to be nice to your back. and remember, put the water tanks on the shelf open side down ;) lee
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 03:59:58 GMT, ZZonka Tonka

Ouch! I hurt my back 14 months ago and took the pain killer Alleve. On the 6th day my stomach was on fire so I threw out the Alleve and started morning QuChong back exercises. After 6 weeks I was able to touch the floor standing up and the pain was almost non-existant. I had a physical exam last month and the doctor asked me to touch the floor. I put the palms of my hands on the floor and the doctor was impressed. My back is cured, and $0 spent on doctor bills. I know that twisting and bending is seldom a good thing. Out of habit, I still do the back morning exercises.
Google did not help with QuChong back exercises. Can you elaborate?
8th_wonder of the world.com> wrote:

Here's the correct (strange) spelling, although there are two ways to spell it...
Qigong
I recommend the following book:
"The Way of Qigong" by Kenneth S. Cohen (ISBN 0-345-42109-4)
I taught Qigong at my church for a year, it is all slow movements and much easier than Tai Chi. There are thousands of exercises, depending on what you want to treat. I now rarely use drugs, although I don't rule them out either. Water(!) has cured my low blood pressure.

well, i can tell you that the wealthy tend to get that way & stay that way because they *aren't* unwilling to stoop for that $50, or pennies for that matter... i pick up change i find on the ground. i've made well over $100/year picking up pennies other people were too lazy to pick up & my net worth is pretty high. of course now i have a 4 year old to pick change up for me (& he actively searches for it) so i don't have to bend so much ;) lee
enigma wrote:

I'll even pick up a single penny.
Pure superstition: I think if I let that penny sit there, it's something about disrespecting money...and that can't be anything but bad...
--
PeteCresswell

I pick up coins that I accidently drop.. due to insecurity. Even with a reasonable net worth... some day I may be 1 cent short of enough to make a desperate phone call for help...

Pay phones accept pennies?
Mr. Cresswell..............Are you a particular Peter Cresswell that once worked for Circuit City an various Localities?
The name is oddly familiar................Could this be the name that used to show up at times in the Circuit City DFW area?
Just Curious.............I don;t remember much else about the aforementioned person, 'cept he worked at a couple or three different stores in Dallas Area, and somehere else before that,............California I think.............Been years, ya know...........more than Ten for me.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB

than
So being worth so much that he can walk past $50 notes and not picking them up is to be admired????????????????????????

bill gates is real? thought he was like the dog in windows xp search

real, married, has 2 kids. he & his wife run a couple children's charities... i think the biggest one is providing funding for childhood immunizations in 3rd world countries & poor rural areas. i think the dog in Windoze is Melissa's idea (that's his wife. she was the person responsible for MS Bob, if you remember that travesty) lee

Do you add bread improver when you bake your bread? I do and find it makes a real difference to the quality of the bread (does rise as quickly or as high if I don't use it). I have been told that this is just Vitamin C powder but still don't know if that is right. Would you (or the 4 year old) have any idea about this?
wrote in message

makes
old)
How odd. You make your own bread, and add something to it, the ingredients of which are unknown to you? Isn't that a bit odd?

as
Well since I buy all my bread products from the same company and these include a range of about 5 or more flours, yeast, grain mixes, kibble mix, kaipseed mix and some lines I can't remeber without checking the pantry in addition to my bread improver then, no, I don't think it at all odd.
I have looked at other manufacturerers bread lines in the supermarket and the tins labelled "Bread Improver" made by other manufacturerers also don't bother to say what they are made from/of.
wrote in message

year
ingredients
don't
OK, then. :-) I mentioned it only because there are still people who dump Accent into their food, and have no idea about the history of that particular additive.

Accent, MSG... poh-tay-toe, puh-taht-oh... What's the diff, other than the name, and how much more it costs when it stops being "MSG" and magically transforms into "Accent" during the "put it in the shaker" phase of manufacturing? I'm also curious as to what history has to do with food? (Aside from the basic concept that if the food in question can be said to have a history, it's probably time to clean out the fridge! "I remember these lima beans... Wasn't that the night that Aunt Tillie got drunk and... and... NOOOOoooooooo! The trauma of that memory!!!!! Make me blind! Please, god, make me blind!!!!! I'll never be able to look at a whole dill pickle as "food" again! Oh, the horror...")
--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.