Strange sound from washing machine.

Gov't Solution:

Dont' spin drum by hand, noise should not be present. If noise still persists, move from area until you no longer hear noise.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Hi,

A year ago I bought an Bosch washingmachine. It a front loader model. Today I pulled out the laundry, and when I spun the drum by hand I heard a grinding noise. The noise is not coming from one side of the drum. I checked if there was a screw (Yes, I sometimes forget to remove stuff from my pockets) in the drain-off holes of the drum, and there wasn't anything to see there. The machine is just 1 year old. What could it be? A bearing?

Reply to
mistermaniac

It could be a bearing. Listen for the noise when the unit is in operation. If you hear it, keep track of what part of the cycle it was in. This can give an indication of possible cause.

Then repost when you heard it and what the washer was doing. Washing, rinse, drain, agitate, spinning etc....

Reply to
bnlfan