Low pressure in kitchen faucet

The other day i heard a thud coming from the kitchen faucet. Since then, the cold and hot water pressure is low. I checked the water lines and they aren't kinked. The valves underneath the sink are open all the way. I checked the aerator and it is clean. I also checked the mechanism on top of the faucet, the button you push which changes the water from a stream to a spray. That's working fine. The pressure every where else in the house is high. Could the faucet be defective.? It is a one handle type. The faucet itself can also be taken off the main stem and used as a sprayer. I checked the hose inside and it is not kinked either. Any ideas?

Reply to
shareyourknowledge