Still more on Prius runaway

Page 6 of 7

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 05:59:15 -0500, Rick Brandt

I disagree with both of you.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 20, 8:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I agree that the enitre balloon boy thread is useless. I provide a cite that there was no box at the end, you provide one or more saying there was.
When one side resorts to unwarranted insults. I quit.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 20, 5:35 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Now did I call you stupid or anything of the sort? If you aren't willing to discuss things civilly, why bother. I have my 'opinion' (and backed it with a cite), you have hyours (and backed it with cites) - obviously we aren't both wrong. We both think we are right so that is where it stands now and apparently forever.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:15:05 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

That's what I'm saying.

That's true, it is amazing. (Please change I to you. :) )
I agree with you that spelling errors don't mean anything, except maybe in some rare cases, like if someone deduces a word's meaning from its spelling, and relies on that in an argument. But not in this thread.

Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:25:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

This one reminds me of Jiffy-Pop popcorn, the one that comes in a disposeable pan one puts right on the stove.
Add pictures here
✖
But I don't mean there is no box on the bottom. There is. It just looks the way I said, just like it looks like a mushroom sometimes.
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:25:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

This one reminds me of Jiffy-Pop popcorn, the one that comes in a disposeable pan one puts right on the stove.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 06:45:51 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

This is just the kind of guy who would make a false report for money, who would risk embarrassment and even criminal charges if any apply for money. QED Quod Eratica Demolitiones.

I have doubts about that. I need to try it on my car, which of course is not a Prius. But couldn't he at least reach the rear end of the mat and pull the whole mat back. Although I guess he didn't say that.

When there is no victim, I think acting like cops means taking a report.

Balloon boy could have happened, couldn't it. The sheriff didn't see the balloon until after it landed.

Exactly. Beyond ludicrous all the way around to reasonable.

Good enough.

Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:59:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Did this "chippy" graduate from the same police college as the one who killed himself and his family instead of using his brakes properly and shutting off the Lexus???
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:40:07 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

This "chippy" is a large professional law enforcement department with a whole division just for investigating accidents.
I'm quite sure their expertise exceeds yours by a very wide margin.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:16:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:23:29 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The CHP has a VERY large staff that even includes a lot of car mechanics, in addition to scientists from many disiplines. They have labrotories and millions of dollars of equipment. They have access to huge databases and other organizations with addtional expertise that you can't access. They have a budget for paying for tests and outside help when needed. My guess is that their car mechanics have a lot more education and experience than you.
You can't hold a candle to them.
Add pictures here
✖

We've not seen the final report yet either. It may take a while for the true story to come out. We may see some ail time here. I wonder if Judge Ito will hear the case.
Add pictures here
✖

I completely agree that we haven't seen the final report. Could easily be a year from now, and the verdict may surprise ALL of us.
Anyone who thinks they have the answer NOW is full of baloney.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote the following:

Yep, there is no true answer now, and maybe never can be. A lot of things happen once, that cannot be repeated. The only thing that could cast doubt on his story is his past history, but that's not proof that he is lying now.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Only his past history can cast doubt? Good grief. The guy was told by the 911 operator repeatedly to shift the car into neutral and/or turn it off. He refused to do so. He claimed he could not stop or slow the car, yet when the patrol car catches up with him after 20+ miles, the cop tells him to fully apply the brakes. The car slows to 50MPH and then the cop tells him to shut off the engine. He does and the car stops. He claimed he reached down and tried to pull the gas pedal back up but it wouldn't budge. He also said the reason he didn't shut off the car was he didn't want to take his hands off the wheel, so how the hell did he do a head stand to get at the pedal? Forbes magazine tried to reach the gas pedal, and even with the seat all the way forward, they could barely touch the pedal when it was not depressed, let alone grab a depressed pedal and pull on it. Try it in your car and tell me why in the hell you'd try that at 94mph, instead of putting the car in neutral.
It's about 99.99% certain this guy is a lying skunk just on the facts of the incident. His past just adds icing to the cake.

Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:59:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

lame-brain officer(s).
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:27:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well, that clearly wasn't who we are talking about. So I guess you can go stand in the corner with the Lame-brains.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I believe the NTSB looked at the car. That would probably preclude the CHP investigating unless they thought there might be a criminal case. (Everyone probably looked at the front and back brake rotors/pads and E brake.) The most interesting information probably comes from the "black box", which is read by Toyota.
I don't remember any report of a CHP *investigation* (other than brake condition).
Add pictures here
✖

Probably not. I was involved in the periphery of a couple NTSB truck cases as a medic and in both cases, the NTSB and the locals worked together. No need to take it DC for the investigation when there is a perfectly good lab near by.
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars

The investigation is still in progress. NO ONE can conclusively rule anything in or out yet. The guy's past smells funny, but the investigation has to look past that and find out what happened or didn't happen. People have been convicted and jailed for raping hookers, ya know.
The case has not nearly been closed.
Add pictures here
✖