Stairs and laminate flooring

I want to replace the carpeting on my stairs with laminate flooring. Simple enough for the stairs and risers, but the stringers are also carpeted and I don't have a clue as to how to "dress" them, other than possibly leaving the carpet on them (the stringers), which I would rather not do.

Does anyone have suggestions please? Thanks!

Bill in Alberta

Reply to
aww

Carpeted stringers make a certain fashion statement !

Personally I would not do laminate stairs because they're so slick - a spill, or running down the stairs in socks, is dangerous. Well, if you're me it's dangerous.

Are the stairs, risers, and str> I want to replace the carpeting on my stairs with laminate flooring.

Reply to
roger61611

Reply to
aww

Don't confuse cheap laminate with good laminate. I've had my stairs done for many years now and it is safer than the carpet that used to be on there. I walk up and down them often with just my socks and never had the slighted bit of slipperiness. The better brands make a bull nose especially for the treads.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not being able to see them it is difficult to say exactly what would work. In my case, I just stained them to match the laminate. On one side of a split stair it was open. I used a pine board to make a side and stained that also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski