Carpeting Stairs

I'm interested in carpeting my wooden basement stairs myself. Would someone be kind enough to provide me with instructions on carpeting stairs?

Thanks!

Reply to
jondiggity

I'm interested in carpeting my wooden basement stairs myself. Would someone be kind enough to provide me with instructions on carpeting stairs?

Thanks!

Reply to
jondiggity

I have a dirt-floor basement so I wanted to be able to wipe my shoes off on the top steps before entering the house. I just cut up an old door mat to fit the top two steps (with 2 inches hanging down over the riser) and secured the pieces with finishing nails. The nails went in plenty far enough into the mat material so you won't catch on bare feet.

The wife doesn't yell at me any more about tracking dirt into the house :)

Reply to
joe