Laminate floor on stairs

I put laminate floor in basement. Now I want to put laminate also on stairs leading to basement. I talked to a sales rep and she showed me the model and said it does not look good and they in general don't put laminate on stairs.

Reply to
Alexander Galkin

I have laminate flooring on one step between identical laminate covered floors (split level), and I used a piece of regular oak stair step bullnosing at the edge. I don't see any reason why that couldn't be done with multiple stair steps.

Reply to
willshak

The sales rep is an idiot.

The better laminate makers make a stair system that has a bullnose that attaches to the tread and the regular laminate goes on both tread and riser. Done properly, it looks very good and hold up well. I have WilsonArt on my stairs for about 7 years now. Looks as good as the day it was installed. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski