Squirrel-proof your home?

"[An] Arkansas man convinced the woman that she needed to squirrel-proof her house, after telling her that he'd seen one of the furry menaces crawling into a plumbing vent on her roof.
"The woman, quite understandably, took him up on his offer to cap the pipe for $40. One can never be too careful when squirrels are around."
100 holes, and $4000, later, he presented his bill.
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id 760&in_page_id=2
Heybub wrote:

Funny. I did have a squirrel come down a vent pipe. My daughter (who now has her own son) was being potty trained and when she was being taken to the toilet, the squirrel was found in it. After a frantic call from mom, I came home from work and by that time she had the critter out and into a wicker laundry basket. The poor almost dead thing then got a trip to the vet. A wick check and a shoot was taken care of (As I recall the vet never did charge us) we got the thing home and ready to release it in the back yard. Opening the lid we could not find it in the towel it had been wrapped in. As it turned out it was clinging to the lid. We left the area and in a about five minutes one lucky squirrel was back up in the tree and likely never went down another vent pipe.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit