Speaking of snowblowers

Like Robert11, I live in the Northeast, too. This summer I bought a John Deere L111 tractor. It's a small 20hp V-twin B&S lawn tractor that (according to the Home Depot dudes) can easily power a 42" snowblower. I checked the Deere site and they do sell one that they claim will work on this model.
I just wondered if anyone has tried it or has any comments. I'e got a small 22" Craftsman blower that's getting on in years. Oh, and so am I, so I wouldn't mind something a little bigger.
Thanx
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:21:15 GMT, "Tom Accuosti"

do own a L120. They discus snowblowers all the time on the yahoo group, and you can look thru the old posts as well
Go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/John_Deere_L100_Club /

Hi, I am in upstate NY. Have a similar tractor (2000series cub). Have a blade and a blower. Each require wheel weights and chains to be effective. The blower will handle a deeper accumulation and will, of course, not leave the banks but is slow and miserable to use in the wind. The blade is my favorite it is 1/3 the price of the blower.. It is real fast, 3 times faster than the blower. I have to plow real wide at the beginning of the season to allow for the bank that will close in as the season progresses. I have used them for 4 years now. I don't like the way the chains scratch up my driveway and having a cab would be real nice. I am looking for an old beater pickup with a plow for this year.