install motorized retractable awning?

Okay, we are ready to install a MatriX motorized retractable awning. The instructions say mount the brackets minimum 7?6?. I only have one story home and do have 8?4? to the bottom of my soffit overhang. My question is should I invest in the roof mounts and cover just to gain approx. 12? in height? Has anyone compared looking at this unit in the closed position from a roof mount or under overhang perspective? Also has anyone experienced damage from ice or snow with the roof mounts?

Thanks, TP

Reply to
TP