plumbing: misfit gasket for tub overflow

Yes, there are a number of different O'flow gaskets. Ask at a hardware or plimbing supply, maybe at BigBox? One type is a thick foam gasket, which might work. Or...make your own.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Based on the cramped quarters, I had to bring my PVC overflow drain up parallel to the back of the tub (rather than directly vertical, at an angle to the tub). The very think neoprene gasket that comes with the kit is angled (one side is thinner than the other to make up for the slope of the tub). Since my PVC is parellel, no matter which way I turn the gasket, I've got a loose edge that would leak if water came through the overflow.

Do they sell flat gaskets for this purpose? If not, any recommendations on alternative materials I could use?

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
Keith

I've run into the same thing. Some tubs aren't angled as much as others.

I got some of that 1 1/2" flexible pipe like used on whirlpools and used it for the short piece to the overflow.

Reply to
Terry