SLOW DRAINING

--WebTV-Mail-20975-1112 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Wash basin in the bathroom. Is there something I can put in the drain to make it drain better? TIA
--WebTV-Mail-20975-1112 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-20975-1112--
Get a small cable cleaner to go past the drain or plunge using a small sink plunger covering the drain vent in the sink with a rag Remember if you put acid down it and it plugs you get to play in acid. With 20 years past experience in a 500 unit apartment I still prefer removing the p trap and using a cable followed with hot water.
basin in the bathroom.&nbsp;&nbsp; Is there something I can put in the drain<BR>to make it drain better?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; TIA<BR><BR> <P> <HR>
<P></P>Clara </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
C A wrote:

It could be several things. Some might respond to putting chemicals in there, but many will not. Mechanical cleaning is usually the most effective and safe solution.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Disassemble and reassemble. You need to know how to do this in case you drop a ring or ear ring or something else in there. Some times it's as simple as a Q Tip that has caught a lot of hair. In any case, it's something that every homeowner should know how to do, and will save you $$$ by not having to call a plumber.
One of those little attachments you put on the end of a garden hose that give it a blast of water works pretty good, too, if you don't find anything in the trap. Cost, less than ten bucks.
Steve
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:38:11 -0600, C A wrote:

Shopvac.