Sink sealant.

I am dropping a new ceramic/vitreous sink into a melamine board counter top. Things don't stick well to melamine surfaces.
What should I use as sealant between the rim of the sink and the melamine surface?
Many thanks.
Peter.
How about that silicon sealer that GE sells? Not the RTV silicon, but a clear stuff that seems to stick to anything. Can't remember the name though. Have used it to set a shower door in a fiberglass tub.
PVR wrote:

There should be instructions. Silicone caulk sticks fine to my countertop.
On melamine or formica I would use plumbers putty because if you have to remove the sink you won't be as inclined to peel the laminate, On stone or solid surface material silicone is an option because those substrates ar far stronger. YMMV