Ceramic Sink rust appearing

We have a very old white ceramic sink and draining board unit. Rust is beginning to appear between the white enamel sink bottom and the stainless steel sink drain hole. Could anyone recommend a course of action and/or some kind of sealant. Thanks

Reply to
john west

replace the drain

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just replace the waste (screwfix et al do lots of versions some that need a plug others with sprung covers [usually hand wash sinks]).

A la :-

These usually come with rubber o-rings these should be all the sealing that is needed .

Reply to
soup

Yes if you are seeing a bit of rust, it has to be pretty bad where you can't see it. I'd have thought a stainless steel alloy with less ferrous content might be the better way to go, take a magnet with you when shopping!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Poor quality stainless steel - replace with something better.

Reply to
alan_m