Shower Handle Question

I recently moved into a 15 year old house. The shower handle is one of those one-piece units that you pull out to get water (the more you pull, the more water you get) and turn clockwise or counter-clockwise to vary the temperature.

Without knocking out the wall, how can I determine if I can replace this handle with one more easily used? I've been told the current unit is a Delta.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
nr

What is easier to use than what you have. What you have is as simple as it gets.

Reply to
m Ransley

To put a different type in means replumbing inside the wall. The action you describe sounds like Moen, not Delta. Browse the mfr web sites to see if there is a match. The Moen controls get very stiff with age; you can replace the internal cartridge without replumbing and get a smooth-acting control again (if that's the complaint).

Do the web search first...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I forget what type I have, but I was able to rebuild both of mine, and now they operate much better than they did when I first got into my house. I went to a plumbing supply store instead of Home Depot, but it turns out that HD has the parts I bought at the plumbing supply store (but I just took the parts in and the plumbing supply store found and gave me the exact parts; HD can take hours for that sometimes).

Reply to
Bob M

Or just remove the cartridge, apply silicone grease and re-install and it will be better than new for a few years.

Reply to
Nick Hull