shoe repair

A little off topic but . . . I have repaired loose soles on shoes before with Shoe Goo, great stuff. My question is, when the heels or soles wear out (talking about leather casual shoes with rubber soles) can you get replacement heels and/or soles, and glue them on with Shoe Goo or other glue? Has anyone done this? And if so where did you get the replacement parts? -- H

Weren't they excellent!?
I wore my pair for almost 20 yrs. Finally took 'em to RW and asked them to repair the insoles. The told me to get lost. End of an era.
If you want true leather Wellingtons, might I suggest this company:
http://www.dehner.com/customshoes_wellington.html
They've been making motorcycle patrolman boots forever. Expensive, I know. But try and find custom shoes/boots any cheaper.
nb
--
"Do you recognize me? No!
...cuz I don't work here"