Flashing a little loose

Just closed on an older home yesterday. Inspector had pointed out holes in the caulking/sealant that secured the flashing going from the vertical wall of the original home onto the (sloped) roof of an addition.

I went onto the roof myself this morning to look at the holes before going and buying sealant (in another thread, a poster replied and recommended silicone).

I noticed that in some places (mainly at the ends), a couple nails holding the flashing to the addition are somewhat loose.

I'm not sure how to fix that: (1) Somehow get a new nail that won't be loose. (Don't see how to do that---if the old one is loose, a new one would also be loose unless I get a fatter one.) (2) Nail somewhere else along the flashing.

I figure I should do (2).

TIA,

sinister

"sinister" wrote in news:w5udnVlvSKD9u8DVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

A new nail or screw should do fine. Put some sealant on the fastener before you drive it all the way home. Remove and seal the hole from the old fastener.

Reply to
Steve

Ah...my old man pointed out I could do (1), as long as I fill the whole first with something.

Reply to
sinister