Sheetrock Taping Question

What is the proper way to tape an inside corner of sheetrock where the corner meets the ceiling? Do I run the vertical tape all the way up to the ceiling? Or, do I run the horizontal tape all the wat to the corner? Or, does it really matter?
I'd run them both into the corner and overlap them.
RB
x071907 wrote:

I always run the vertical piece first, then I butt the horizontal piece right up to the edge of the vertical tape.I would avoid any overlapping of the tape and you should be fine.

That makes it easier to smooth in the short term, but more prone to cracking in the long term.

The tape pieces should overlap.