safety glasses

how do I keep my safety glasses from fogging up when I'm working hard outside in cold weather?
paul
Paul Oman wrote:

Some glasses use more ventilation than others. Just try a different style and see how it goes. I have been buyin mine by the dozen from this place: http://www.northernsafety.com/?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Branding&ovcrn=northernsafety+.+com&ovtac=PPC
They have many many styles to choose from and by far stock a wider variety of saftey glasses that I have seen, and cheap prices. When I searched for anti-fog I got 33 results. Link: http://www.northernsafety.com/cart/cart.cfm
Lawrence
Lawrence wrote:

http://www.northernsafety.com/?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Branding&ovcrn=northernsafety+.+com&ovtac=PPC
Ok, that link won't work for yu but you get the idea.

Rubbing them with bar soap and wiping them with a dry cloth will help some.

Glasses, or goggles? By goggles, I mean the type with not just front lenses, but also a wraparound that goes straight back, creating a closed container within the goggles.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

try the scuba-divers trick. a bit of spit on the inside, rub it round with your finger and give it a quick swill out under the tap. then wear! costs exactly as much as i like to pay!
dave cowell germany.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 01/09/2006

Two steps:
1. Use glasses that vent well. Remember, base your type of glasses on the work you are doing. If you have to use low-vented models, like splash proof, then do what is required and clean them often with step #2.
2. Clean the glasses with an anti fog cleaner. I've heard good stories about Rain-X's anti fog, from people who work in very humid conditions. However, allways follow manufactures instructions.
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

I agree with the anti-fog approach. When diving, for an anti-fog when you don't have anti-fog, we spit on our masks and rub the glass with the spit. Seems to work just as well as the anti-fog, albeit a little messy.

Stop working hard. <big grin>
Seriously, if you find a good answer, I'd like to hear it.
Until then, keep your nose UNCOVERED if possible. I have found that, with a scarf over my mouth AND nose, my exhaled breath is captured and directed upward toward my safety glasses and fogs them badly.
I may look into the Rain-X suggestion. It will be interesting to see what effect, if any, it has on PLASTIC lenses.
--
:)
JR

What kind of work are you talking about?

a search on ebay.com for safety glasses anti-fog or safety goggles anti-fog should result in plenty of hits for glasses that have anti-fog lenses or safety goggles that have anti-fog vent holes you might be able to find some locally also
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:45:50 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Paul

Cat Crap.
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId `8&memberId500226
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.