Rubber washer for washing machine fill hose.

There is a small leak where the fill line meets the cold water input to our Whirlpool washer, model number GSQ9300EQ0. The part number on the hose is, PF149815. It's a 3/4" house. I went to Ace Hardware and Home Depot and have not been unable to locate something that looks similar to the original washer. The picture of the original washer is here:

I was told it's a cone washer but searching online it looks similar to a beveled washer as well. Any suggestions from the experts out there? (-:

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber

Might not make any difference. If it's a "garden hose" kind of thing, I'd try a garden hose washer. I've had some success with a bit of axle or marine grease on the hose threads, and tighten gently with a Channelock pliers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

All the clothes wasthers I know use garden faucet size hoses and spigots. Go to the garden department and don't worry about the dome in the center. If there is a choice, get the softer one. You probably have to buy 5, but you can use the others in your garden.

And if you leave the spigots on all the time, replace your rubber hoses with woven-stainless-steel covered hoses, before a hose bursts and flood your home.

Reply to
micky

The hose is a woven-steel-stainless covered type. I'll replace the washer with one of the garden type variety and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber

Did it leak where the hose meets the connector, or in the middle?

Reply to
micky

I have one that leaks at the end near the washing machine, but only when the machine is in a certain set of positions. But in a half hour it just leaves a little puddle. Right now, for other reasons, it's pulled away from the wall a few inches and not leaking. I bought replacments, but havent' installed them.

Maybe the leak you had would have been a flood were it not for the steel cover.

I know when my unclad rubber hose sprang a leak 15 years ago, it sprayed up to the celing (soaking and ruining a bunch of DC and suburban phone books I had on the shelves) and made a mess.

Reply to
micky

I tried that cone washer from your above link. It leaked right away. Then I went to the local plumbing supply store, Ferguson, they didn't have the correct part either. The consensus seems to be that the washer is a custom part made just for that particular hose. I noticed that the new 3/4" hoses don't use that type of washer but the smaller hoses, for example a dishwasher fitting, use that cone washer. I guess they really want you to buy a new hose.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber