washing machine drain hose

My washing machine drain hose inserts into a drain pipe just larger than the drain hose. Problem is some water is not shooting down the pipe. There is a elbow about 6-8inches down from where it inserts.

Any suggestions on adapting this?

I have no laundry tub

Reply to
Gary Niskanen

Duct Tape?

Worked for me.

Reply to
Gideon

The outlet of my drain hose is 1-1/4 and the drain pipe is 1-1/2 PVC so it was easy to install a threaded adapter from the local hardware store and top it off with a nut and rubber washer borrowed from a J trap. With the tight fit, air can no get in to break any possible suction on the drain pipe so I teed off the drain pipe and installed an air admittance valve higher than the drain hose. Perhaps overkill on that.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM